Last week the Mailtrap team released a new feature, which enables counting the number of sent test emails per Inbox.
Below you can see a screenshot of several Mailtrap Inboxes with:
- the Total Sent equalling 0 for the Demo Inbox
- the Total Sent equalling 234 for the staging one
This new feature reflects the corresponding statistics for the last month:
- For paid users – starting from the date when a user signed up for or upgraded to a paid subscription plan
- For free users – starting from the date when a user signed up for a Free account
Note: to check the starting date, hover over the question mark sign located next to the Total Sent and view the date displayed in the yyyy-mm-dd format.
When you open your account’s Inbox, you will also be able to to see the number of Total messages sent displayed in the top right corner.
The feature covers your Inboxes only: the Total Sent number is not available for the Inboxes that were shared with you.
Changes in API
In addition, you may also find a new “sent_messages_count” field in the Mailtrap API documentation.
New use cases
As a result, Mailtrap users will be able to:
- assess the email testing volumes they have per month
- determine how many test emails were sent as a part of a particular campaign (by creating a separate Inbox per campaign)
For additional questions, feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.